Reviewed in Australia on 15 December 2018
A year ago, I survived a heart attack, age 30 - doctors told me I couldn't be able to do anything too physical in the future, and that I need to take it easy for the rest of my life. I couldn't handle this, as I refused to accept the advice of clinicians locally here, who relied heavily on out-dated research and mostly knew how to help a much older group of people. Feeling very alone, I started researching cardiologists and athletes with a heart condition, and this guy David Goggins shows up.

Ever since then I've been following and consuming every piece of material and interview he has made - his advice and his philosophies to life was instrumental in helping me complete the very challenging Kokoda track in Papua New guinea a year after my heart attack - I climbed 6 mountains in 7 days in extreme tropical mud and heart, listening to David's voice in the back of my head.

The important thing about Goggins is he's a normal guy who's been through some tough challenges in life, and has come out on top. There is no end to the challenges though, and he's pretty much going to tell you what you already know - this is all hard work. This book teaches you, through his experiences, how to embrace the intensity, how to face your demons, and how to commit to your goals, and the dangers of "living happily ever after"

Get on to it. Oh and if you're someone who complains about profanity and bad language, then don't f***ing read this book. Stay hard.
8 people found this helpful