Reviewed in Australia on 25 June 2019
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 5 stars
🔥🔥 Heat Level: 2 (definitely chemistry and feelings but due to what the characters go through not really part of this story)

So many emotions!!!!

This story is epic, emotional, powerful and heartwarming. I love Evander and Gabriel!!!

So much happens in this story I’m not sure my words can do it justice! Gabriel goes through so much in this story; emotionally, physically and relationship wise. I loved book 1 and book 2 does not disappoint, I couldn’t put it down.

Possible themes and/or triggers: abduction, captivity, torture, PTSD, child abuse, grief, sexual assault, abuse of power among others.

There are so many things that happen it’s hard to write a review without spoilers, so be warned…

LIKELY SPOILERS BELOW!!!

***

The journey to save/free Gabriel from the underworld is intense and totally heartbreaking! Someone significant sacrifices themselves for Gabriel and it broke my heart! I was totally waiting for/expecting a loophole that brought them back but alas, their destiny was written (I’m not crying, you’re crying). The grieving the whole team endues was hard but very well done by Miranda. I could feel for each character and their unique process through their grief. I especially felt for Rafe.

I love Evander’s character development and love that he is slowly changing, broadening his mind and opening himself up to Gabriel. It’s wonderful to see their chemistry and even their fledgling relationship get stronger. I like that Evander’s progress is slow, its a lot more realistic and I feel fits the story perfectly.

I love that we get to visit past characters; Antonio and Bain and I love new magic user and Aura Reader, Nico. He’s the perfect combination of wit, sass, and power! I loved his introduction and how he was eventually brought into the team/family!!

The showdown with Gabriel’s sperm donor is explosive, literally and figuratively!! A fantastic development for the series and I can’t wait to see where Miranda will take us next!!

Amazing writing, face-paced, action adventure, and so much heart, I just love all these characters. I can’t wait to see how powerful Gabriel is and how his relationship with Evander will grow! 5 stars from me!!!

Thanks for reading!