TOP 1000 REVIEWER
21 July 2015
I love it when an author is able to write a character that is such a pig but still manages to hook me to see if he changes or has any growth.

If it weren’t for Chelsea – the kickass heroine, I might have put this book down and stepped away. She’s smart, she’s committed and she’s strong to deal with what a high profile case like this throws at her.

I really liked how the heroine was the ‘hero’ of the day. The character I just don’t see why people are falling over, is Pacer. He’s a pig. He’s arrogant. And he’s a killer. I just can’t abide the glamourizing of criminals and I think that’s why I faulted with this book.

This is the first of TJ’s work that I have read and I have to say she’s done well. There are some laughable moments and TJ’s writing is succinct. There are nice quirks throughout the story and I will never look at maple syrup the same way again.

I really wish this story had more background story of Pacer. I finished wanting to know how he became the way he did. The book has great pacing and I’m keen to get into TJ’s back catalogue.

I was given an ARC in exchange of my honest opinion.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink