#1 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 14 December 2018
I adored this Winter novel - both sexy and romantic, the backstory was so thorough and the reveal so subtle, it just worked.

Reed and Joa had a no strings relationship back in LA. Co-worker/friends-with-benefits and rules. And it worked until he got the promotion she desperately wanted. She returns home to Chicago and never speaks to him again. Fast forward a year later and Reed is nearing the end of a plan and hopes to reconnect with Joa, the one who got away...

The sexual tension between the character is obvious. You can feel it jumping from the page. Through Reed, you see the tiny things many people take for granted. I loved Joa's family. And it's obvious how critical they were to her strength of character and I loved their role in awakening Reed's desire for more.

“Joa Marie.” Mom shakes her head, rinsing a spot of dirt off her hand. “What?” “Would it be so bad if you just … gave him a chance?” she asks. “When the two of you worked together, did he ever flirt with you or anything?” I almost choke on my spit. “There was some flirting, sure.” She nudges me with her elbow. “See.” “See what?” I ask. “You two have chemistry.”

‘Exmas’ defines what romance is all about. Winter Renshaw has cleverly written another exciting book the storyline just pulled me in and I didn't stop until I reached the end. I thoroughly enjoyed this feel-good story from one of my favourite authors. I highly recommend this book.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink