18 November 2018
Trigger Warnings: Sexual assault, rape, grief, death, physical abuse, murder, captivity, torture, violence, branding, graphic animal death,

Girls of Paper and Fire is an amazing ownvoices Asian inspired fantasy book. It was one of my most anticipated fantasy books of 2018, and it was phenomenal! Natasha Ngan’s writing is so beautiful and details the world so clearly. I think the trigger warnings I have listed above are really important to know before reading Girls of Paper and Fire as it deals with some heavy topics such as rape and rape culture. I did have to take breaks while reading this book.

Lei is one of my favourite characters of all time. It was good to see a heroine allowed to be scared but also strong and brave. Lei’s determination and hope was a real strength to her character. I loved the f/f romance; it was great to see their relationship develop throughout the story. I also loved the friendship and bonds between the Paper Girls. Girls of Paper and Fire leaves you waiting anxiously for the next book, bring on 2019!

Overall, I highly recommend Girls of Paper and Fire if you are looking for an amazing fantasy book with a great romance.

Thank you to Hachette Australia for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink