Reviewed in Australia on 23 January 2019
Miranda Elaine completely wowed me with her first book Fixing Her, and now she has done it again with FIXING HIM. From the moment I started reading Montana and Sam's story everything else didn't exist, I just COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN. Miranda has written a truly beautiful story of friendship, family and love, one that captures every single string of your heart.

Montana Rhodes has inherited her grandfather's lake house. So she moves there for the summer to have it renovated and then sold. Sam Matthews is the local contractor she hires to get the job done. Montana is a young woman, only twenty-two, who has a beautiful free spirit and and effervescent smile and personality that would capture any man's heart. That's exactly what she does to thirty-two year old Sam, even though he believes he is too old for her and not deserving of her love.

Montana and Sam have a sizzling chemistry when they are together and their banter is just magical. I cannot count how many times I found myself laughing out loud or just simply smiling as I turned the pages. Neither were looking for love or commitment, just a summer fling until the renovations were completed and Montana moved on. Sometimes the best laid plans don't always eventuate and emotions or the heart begin to override the reason and logic of the brain.

Not only does Miranda have exceptional main characters in her story, her secondary ones are just as good. I have to say I was totally enchanted by Kermie, Montana's pet pig, he was definitely a highlight for me, especially when he would snuggle up on the bed. Tex, Montana's brother, and Diego almost stole the show. These two men constantly had me giggling with their humorous antics. Dale, Sam's dad, was also another who wasn't shy when letting his opinions known.

I simply cannot wait until Fixing Us is released. I can only hope this is going to be Leigh's story, because that woman is simply magnificent. FIXING HIM was truly a lighthearted, sweet, funny and romantic read. It is definitely one that comes with a high recommendation.

Read and Reviewed for Reading Is Our Satisfaction