Reviewed in Australia on 28 July 2015
My Review

Read my full Review at A is for Alpha B is for Books
I received ans advanced reading copy in exchange for my honest opinion.

Ok so I have a confession. Despite my unwavering love for some incredibly sexy MC Television Characters (whom I assume you can probably guess), I haven’t read many MC Novels before Tattered on my Sleeve.

Being book four in the Lost Kings series, I was hesitant to read it at first for fear of missing out on crucial pieces of information about the club and its members’ back-stories. But after reading it’s blurb and falling in love with the Cover, I just couldn’t resist and was so happy to find, that it wasn’t a problem at all. Autumn Jones Lake has done an amazing job at crafting a captivating story, that was not only effortless to read as a Stand-alone, but left me craving to now go back and get my fix of the rest of the characters from the previous books as well.

Tattered on my Sleeve is Wrath and Trinity’s story. Written as a dual POV and with the first part of the story swinging back and forth between the past and the present, it takes us on an eight year journey through the absolutely heart wrenching, chaotic love story of these two dysfunctional but completely loveable characters.

And Holy S*** was it one hell of a bumpy ride!

Growing up around the MC Lifestyle, Trinity is no stranger to how things work within the confines of a club, and what is expected of the club ladies that reside there. The thing I love the most about her, is that even after a horrific and traumatizing upbringing, underneath the tough wall she puts up to protect herself, there is this vulnerable, sweet girl that genuinely cares about all the people around her. Which is so damn sad, because all she sees herself as is damaged goods, unworthy of being loved, and so broken she feels like she is incapable of loving anyone else in return.

But when one night her path crosses with Wrath – Sergeant-at-Arms of the Lost Kings MC, while she is tending bar at the Blue Fox Tavern. As much as she wants to deny it, she has to admit to herself that there is definitely chemistry between the two of them. And Hot Damn! Do I mean chemistry! I swear my kindle nearly set off my smoke alarms with the heat that was coming off its pages.

But that unfortunately that is where things take a turn for the worse for these two. After three amazing nights together, Wrath is called away on a club run and while he is gone, a ghost from Trinity’s past catches up with her, forcing her to seek protection from the Lost Kings without Wrath knowing.

One misunderstanding and two damaged souls was all it took to tear these two apart. So screwed up from their own demons and too damn stubborn to admit how they feel, they choose the path of hurt and betrayal to hide the pain of their loss.

There is no denying that Wrath is one smoking hot Alpha. Charming, seductive and just oozes strength, all the club ladies adore him and would happily scratch each other’s eyes out just to have their chance with him. But it is his primal need to protect Trinity even when he is trying to convince himself that he hates her that was just so hard to resist. Which is why it was so hard for me to hate him, even when things between them became so destructive and he started acting like such an ass to Trinity. Honestly, some of the things he did were just so hurtful, I thought there was no way they were coming back from them, not that she didn’t give as good as she got. But it was all to protect his pride and his heart.

Wrath’s backstory is equally as heart breaking as Trinity’s and considering what he has been through; he is still such a great guy. Honestly it was impossible to not love all of the club members. The respect they have for all the women (yes even the strippers), and the way that all of them respected and protected Trinity, leaves you with this contented feeling of one big happy family, that just seems so out of place for a MC Novel. But it’s true; the bond of brotherhood, the love for the women that drive them crazy at the same time, is what made me unable to put this book down.

I am so blown away by how this Author has managed to present quite a lengthy novel, but in a way where it didn’t once feel repetitive and managed to flow in a way that intermingled club life and business with a gripping love story that isn’t quite like anything I’ve read before. Even the ending, which Autumn describes as “Happy For Now”, doesn’t feel out of place for this book. Instead it has left me anticipating more from Wrath and Trinity as well as dying to read the upcoming storylines for some of the other boys. Especially Z!

★★☆ 4 Stars ☆★★