TOP 500 REVIEWER
19 September 2017
Reviewed by Klaire Sutherland on behalf of KFF

I have yet to read a J Kenner book that I didn’t enjoy, Wicked Dirty is no exception. I love this author, I make it no secret. The author has a style that I get lost in and she always seems to write in such a way that I get immersed so fully in the story that I often struggle to come up for air. If I have a J Kenner book in my hands…don’t talk to me, you’re not likely to get a response.

Another addition to the Stark books, featuring different characters. I love the way these tales are woven, they do feature Damien and Nikki and some others but they are never the main focus of the story so you don’t feel like you’re covering old ground. This one focuses on the super private, up and coming actor, Lyle Tarpin, and down on her luck, Sugar Laine. Yes, you read that right – Miss Sugar Laine. You need to ignore she’s called Sugar, the author gives you enough quips throughout the book. I must warn you before we go any further. You WILL fall in love with Lyle Tarpin. He is one of the nicest, sweetest, messed up guys I’ve had the pleasure of reading in a long while. While I love a dirty talking alpha, I like the kind of guy Lyle is far better. I feel his type have more sincerity within their character. And Sugar? Well, this woman will crawl under your skin in a good way too. Fiercely independent, a no-nonsense kind of woman that compliments Lyle Tarpin completely. She sees what he tries to hide, she reads him inside out with very little effort. She’s such an old soul.

I think the storyline is probably a little cliched – the poor waitress and the rich actor – been done before, right? Yeah, it has. But this one has the J Kenner spin on it and you’d be forgiven for thinking you were reading something new. The story flows beautifully, there’s no over saturation of sex (despite what that title is telling you), in my opinion, the steam is proportional to the plot which makes this engrossing. No skipped parts, no yawns, no – hang on, I need a cup of tea. No, you can easily read this from beginning to end and forget about anything else. Don’t start reading this at teatime or midnight, you’ll kick yourself if you have to put it down, and I don’t want your kids or hubby starving!

I’m not spoiling for you, so I can’t really write anymore, you just have to take my word for it when I say Wicked Dirty is a must read. Another fantastic addition for the fan in me.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink