TOP 500 REVIEWER
14 December 2015
Oh this book held such promise. The first chapter had me in hook, line and sinker. There’s mystery, there’s suspense and there’s messed up romance. There were parts of this book that I reread to make sure I was understanding it.
This story is interesting and engaging about a very toxic relationship. There are secrets and some horrific details to confront. I had to stop and start because the content was so frustrating to me but in turn, when I was having a break from the book, I was thinking about it. Love it when a book does that.
I really enjoyed the dynamics, the twists, the turns, the originality of the plot but I wanted to see more of Ellis’ story but I can see why it wasn’t. The author certainly has a wonderful way with words but I found it very flowery and that distracted me from the plotline, again, I think that was a prime reason of why I had to put the book down a couple of times for fear of skipping past bits. Some bits were a little slow paced due to the padding of flowery words but other parts were fast paced and had me gripped to the story.
As controversial as the topic is, I do think this a read that should be shared. As tough as it is to say, the most engaging part of the story was the prologue and author’s short piece about their own lives.
Now, as much as some aspects frustrated me, I would highly recommend this read and it’s made me want to seek out the author’s other works.
I was kindly given an ARC by Simon & Schuster Australia for my honest opinion. Receiving this book did not sway my opinion in any way.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink