TOP 500 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 18 August 2019
I loved, loved, loved this book! It was a light story, but at the same time packed full of emotion with a touch of suspense.

Although I had read Fauxmance (and loved it), I couldn’t really remember Cameron. But honestly, it doesn’t really matter if you’ve read Fauxmance or not. Although, the two main characters make an appearance in the book, and knowing a bit about Julien added a bit more humour to what is already a humourous situation (a bit like having an ‘in’ joke), it really didn’t ruin the story if you were none the wiser. All it’s done is given me an excuse to go back and read Fauxmance again!

I love LH Cosway’s writing style, it flows beautifully and just hits me in the heart every time. Happy Go Lucky was a completely addictive, page turning story. It was not overly angsty, just a little drama here and there to mix things up, the suspense was mild but gave the story that extra element of trying to connect the dots.

I never got around to reading this story that was originally published in the author’s newsletter, and to be honest, I’m glad I waited. It was the kind of story I wanted to read from start to finish without having to wait for the next newsletter. Now, completely edited as an official ‘book,’ it’s well worth checking out.

If you’re new to LH Cosway, this is an excellent introduction to her writing. It’s a short novel, but she manages to fit so much in you will feel like it’s a full book. If you’re an existing fan, you’ll enjoy this lighter story with the same flawless rhythm that keeps you coming back for more.

I’d highly recommend Happy Go Lucky, it’s a perfect weekend read.

*I received a copy of this book from the author. This voluntary review is unbiased and all thoughts and opinions are my own.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink