#1 REVIEWER
31 March 2019
‘Crave’ is the third book in The Gibson Boys series by Adriana Locke. Hadley Jacobs has loved Machlan Gibson since she was a teen. Today they are more enemies than friends with love burning underneath the anger. Hadley is at a point in her life where she needs to let the past go which includes Machlan.

Although I've really enjoyed the Landry & Gibson boys series', sadly this one just wasn't my fave... I mean ‘Crave’ has all the elements that generally work for me as I love second-chance romances, mostly because they can connect quickly and it doesn’t feel like insta-love since they have history and we can flashback to the feelings they had before. I also love bad boys with a heart. ‘Crave’ has all these elements, but something is missing...

Hadley is an engaging heroine. She is doing her best to find a way out from under Machlan’s hold but her memories and love are too strong to move on, and the hurt is too deep to trust. The combination made her fight whenever she is around Machlan. She's scared he'll hurt her again and isn't right for her, he claims he's not good enough for her yet no one else can have her so the push pull goes on and on...

I really wanted to love this one, but it didn't quite have the pull that Adriana's previous books have had for me. It was still an emotional and sexy read though. This is book 3 in the interconnected stand alone Gibson Boys series, but I think it would be best understood after reading the previous books since the characters overlap. 3 Stars.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink