TOP 100 REVIEWER
18 April 2017
I had high expectations for the 2nd book in this series and for the majority of it I felt it was great, it was that last 30% that dropped that 5th star for me!
The first 70% of the book was fantastic and I love seeing Joe and Alex develop their romance, it had this authors usual stamp of humours banter and situations that had me really enjoying the dive bar characters!
It was the last bit that had me raising my eyebrows and saying.... what the!!! It almost felt that Joe had a personality overhaul and his behaviour was a bit odd. Alex then turned into a clingy doormat who got walked all over and then she ran!!! Yep really crappy circumstances/events but it was a bit like two different characters had emerged. Then the super quick reuniting of Nell and Pat was all a bit much!!!
Loved seeing the little snippets of Mal and Jimmy and the bubs! Overall and enjoyable read and even though the ending left me a little bit meh....I most definitely will be continuing with the series.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink