TOP 1000 REVIEWER
18 November 2018
Unfortunately my new Kindle Paperwhite was defective and I had to return it. Rather than wait on re-order I bought a replacement at JB Hifi. The replacement unit is fortunately working fine. The screen is nice and evenly lit, and I definitely prefer a flush screen with no bezel. I could do without it saying ‘Waking Up’ when it is, er, waking up...

Just a word of warning re the charging cable or port. Both Kindles had issues with this. I could not fit my usual Kindle cable (white cable from an older Kindle device) into the first defective Kindle at all, and I thought they must have changed the type of cable for the new device. The supplied black cable fit, but with a struggle as it was so tight. On the replacement Kindle from JB Hifi the supplied black cable wouldn’t fit at all; however, my old white cable did!

Not sure that the quality control is as good as it has been with previous Kindles.
36 people found this helpful