TOP 50 REVIEWER
5 June 2016
I started reading this because of a recommendation from a fellow THE Book Club member, Dave Hardy, and boy, am I glad that I did!

I have to admit that I don't read a lot of biographies, some of the ones I have read in the past, have been less than interesting - I certainly couldn't say that about this one though. I have always liked and admired Sue Perkins, she is someone I think it would be lovely to have lunch with. The combination of a quick wit, oodles of intelligence and a wicked sense of humour is irresistible to me and her book didn't let me down one little bit.

I don't know if it is because her and I were born only a couple of years apart and her birthday is the day before mine but there were so many "aha" moments about her childhood. My dad also kept precise records of heights and weights of everyone in our house (amongst other things) and also had a thing about Dettol being the answer to everything. My mother, like Sue's mother, kept a blow-by-blow description of my birth and also liked a chat.

The whole book is a delightful peek into Sue's life, without the bad bits, which she warned us about at the beginning. I read the whole thing in 3 days, which surprised me because I didn't expect it to be so unputdownable.

This is a highly recommended read from me.

And Sue, if you are around when I come to the UK next, let's do lunch, yeah?
0Comment Report abuse Permalink