19 January 2014
I loved everything about this book, from the writing style to the character development, and it actually made me cry, something that few books have managed to achieve. Don't let that deter you, though, as it also made me laugh out loud many times.
Firstly, I loved the way this book was written. The way the story was narrated by Death was clever and worked well, and the story flowed, so it really did seem to fly by, seeming much shorter than it's 500+ pages. Or, rather, it was just a much easier read than some other longer books, as The Book Thief never, ever got boring.
Also, the characters were very well developed and you were given an insight into their former exploits and quirks when they were introduced so that I really felt like I knew each and every one.
And lastly, for a fourteen year old girl I found the insight into Nazi Germany pretty interesting, the themes it presented intriguing and thought-provoking, and though this might not ring true for someone who has been in this world a bit longer, for me it was another element that contributed to what made this book such a good read.
I recommend The Book Thief most highly!!
0Comment Report abuse Permalink