TOP 50 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 6 June 2020
What did I just read!! My goodness this book is just fabulous and has one of the most thrilling twists I have read in awhile. It is so out of left field and absolutely brilliant! Devouring it in one sitting, The Wife Stalker is a deviously wicked read and one I could not get enough of!

Joanna and Leo seem to have it all. A perfect relationship, two beautiful children and a home that is the envy to all. Leo is a hotshot lawyer, but the pressure of such a high profile job starts to take its toll and causes disconnect between him and Joanna. Then Piper comes on the scene and the bounce in Leo’s step returns, making Joanna feel she is losing him. Joanna doesn’t trust Piper and when she discovers that Piper has been married twice before and that both of the men died, she is hellbent on discovering the truth and protecting her family.

The characters in the story are very well developed and are a balance of likeable, unlikeable and just not sure… I felt for Joanna and totally understood her fear for her family, I really wasn’t a fan of Leo for the most part and as for Piper, I was on the fence the whole time questioning her motives and was torn as to was she/wasn’t she responsible for these men’s deaths. She is definitely the one character that did mess with my head the most.

The structure of the book alternates from Joanna and Pipers point of views which I enjoyed. There were a few times where things were said that did cause a bit of confusion for me, as there had been no plot exposition to refer them to. This did jolt me out of the story and had me feeling the need to flip back to see if I had missed something, but I hadn’t. This is no way hindered my enjoyment of the book and in hindsight, it was a very clever move from the ladies and very well done.

Liv Constantine definitely knows how to get you hooked on a story and keep you engaged and enthralled right from the get go. Their easy style draws you in and captures your attention to the point that you don’t realise how long you have actually been reading the story for, till there are no more chapters left to read! Now that to me is what makes a book great and a contender to be part of my best books for 2020! It was a pleasure to read and review The Wife Stalker which I highly recommend.

Thank you to NetGalley, Harper Collins and Liv Constantine for allowing me to read an advanced copy of The Wife Stalker which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink