Reviewed in Australia on 9 March 2018
Just over 18 months ago Anna Johnson's father committed suicide, 7 months later her mother, unable to cope with the grief of her husband's death, does exactly the same at the same notorious suicide spot.  Struggling to cope with both her parents deaths and the birth of her baby daughter, Anna is preparing to deal with the first anniversary of her mum's passing and still cannot believe that her parents would actually do what they did, so when she receives a card through the door with a cryptic message she begins to question what did actually happen and decides to look into it further, but nothing prepares her for the truth.

Clare Mackintosh in her true inimitable style shocks the reader time and again during this book with her WTF moments and each time had me flipping back to make sure I had read it properly, and the twists keep on coming right to the end.

This particular story hit a nerve with me as i experienced many of the issues here with a member of my own family when I was younger and I think the author covered all these subjects superbly.  It was a tough one to read at times but definitely worth it and I would highly recommend you do.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink