27 June 2014
I really enjoyed this novel. I liked that it is a romance novel that nevertheless deals with some issues such as the child foster system, and coal seam mining. The ending surprised me a bit (I won't give it away!), I don't know how realistic such an ending is but it just wasn't what I expected at all and took me a while to digest because it was over so quickly. I would have liked to learn a little bit more about Jack's actual mother, to see things through her eyes. But the setting is lovely (loved the bits about horse therapy - I've heard of it before but it was nice to see it in action), the main character is someone you can empathise with, even when she disagrees with everyone else and you can see that they are all using common sense while she is acting based upon her emotions...that is something we all do sometimes and I liked that she wasn't perfect. There are lots of dogs and horses and animals running around, which I just loved. I also enjoyed getting to know Jack. I gave it four stars because it was a nice read that made me happy (only books that really change my life get five stars, so four is pretty good).
0Comment Report abuse Permalink