Reviewed in Australia on 16 May 2020
💧 I was given this book by the author in return for an honest review 💧

This is a standalone novel about something very close to the authors heart. It is something based on a very true devastation that occured a couple of years ago. Something the author grew up with and unfortunately had to live through!!

First off I would just like to say that the author really knows how to tell a story. I can absolutely see in my head the trailer the main heroine lived in, and everything that happened outside. Seriously it was like I was watching a movie it was that vivid.

This book even had me about screaming haha!! In the first few chapters we saw Shannon go outside to check the rain gauge and omg I was almost shouting out loud for her to get back indoors, seriously stay safe girl. Though to be honest as the book progressed I was shouting OMG girl stop sitting about and get out!!!!

At the start of the book I got the impression that she is a loner with no real life of her own. She pretty much lives for Kyle's phone conversation and doesn't seem to enjoy much else.  I think she is really struggling with her mother passing away and she really goes in to herself quite a lot. She was obviously very close with her and missing her very much.

Kyle is obviously very unhappy with his life, and wants to get his own business off of the ground. Much to the amusement of his flatmate and workmates he is very smitten with Shannon, and they love to wind him up about his 'not' real girlfriend.

We saw the horrible monster that was Harvey, those poor people and what they went through. How does someone ever begin to get over that? So tragic!!! This book was really emotional and very intense, I just couldn't get it out of my head last night when I was trying to sleep, in the end I just had to pick it up again until I couldn't keep my eyes open.

I am so happy with the outcome of this book. The whole book gives us hope, hope that we can follow our dreams, hope that life can turn out better than what we ever imagine and hope that we can turn tragedy around and grow stronger from it.

The love this pair share is a real true love, Kyle would do anything for Shannon and he proved this over and over in this book. It just goes to show that it doesn't matter how you meet someone, you just know that they are your person.

Thanks again for this book, it truly was a privilege to read it. ❤❤❤
0Comment Report abuse Permalink