15 February 2018
Forget Me Not was a sweet, light read that I didn’t expect to enjoy as much as I did. It took me awhile to get into the story and the book itself isn’t all that long to begin with. Forget Me Not is the first book in the Unforgettable duet and I’m hoping a lot more depth and story will come from the second book, Remember Me When.

Ollie and Reid’s relationship was a slow burn with little to no drama apart from the giant obvious incident at the beginning and one at the very end of the book. Usually I’d have found a story like this boring as hell and so sweet I’d have gagged. (It was literally that sweet.) BUT, I turned every page eager for more because Brooke Blaine’s storytelling was masterful. The emotional turmoil inside of both of these men was subtle yet undeniable. Nothing was in your face and over the top. Instead their emotions captured my attention through their body language, words and interactions. The story might not have been full of intense angst, but it was filled with subtle moments that brought on just as many feels.

Forget Me Not has set up the duet up with a beautiful beginning you’ll likely adore because it’s pretty impossible not to like these two dudes. I would have loved to have read some of the story from Reid’s point of view, as well as Ollie’s but nevertheless, I enjoyed the story anyway and look forward to more.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink