TOP 100 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 9 May 2019
Jenna, book three in the Outback Brides Of Wirralong series, is my first Barbara Hannay Story but it definitely won’t be my last. I loved this book. Set in drought-stricken north east Victoria the story pairs Melbourne corporate lawyer Jenna Matthews with Wirralong pastoralist Sam Twist. For these two, what was meant to be a brief, no-strings fling after their best friends’ wedding turned into a longing for much, much more. The trouble is neither of them was prepared to reveal the extent of their feelings. I honestly wanted to bang their heads together and make them wake up to themselves at times!
This story is short but so elegantly written you feel as if you’ve lived through months by the time you reach the end. The sub-plot, which involves a corporate action over riparian rights, helps the story to move along while providing another point of interest in the story. While I’ve loved all the Outback Brides stories this one stands out as my favourite so far. Can’t wait for book four in this series.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink