22 May 2019
I voluntarily read an Advanced Reader Copy of this book and the views expressed are my honest opinions.

Gaelen Foley is one of my favourite authors and this book did not disappoint. I won’t go into the storyline as it is well documented in other reviews of this book. Duke of Shadows is a great read and you will not be disappointed.

I loved the way the two characters eventually evolved. At first I was not completely taken in by Lady Portia Tennesby as opposed to Luke, the Duke of Fountainhurst. That was amplified when Luke confided too easily and too much in her. Even though he swore her to secrecy she divulged his confidences to her best friend, who in turn told all to her husband. Then when it finally becomes known who had Luke’s parents murdered, she begins to extract a promise from him not to avenge their death by taking the life of the person responsible. Until the story takes a turn and Portia is forced to take action to save those closest to her.

With all that being said I still loved this book, and Gaelen Foley has always been a must read for me. I will definitely read this again and would highly recommend it.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink