Reviewed in Australia on 26 December 2019
I have owned the Xenyx 802 for years and except for the scratchy headphone and now main mix ots, it has work like a dream for online podcasting etc. This year I upgraded to the Xenyx 1002 USB which I was hoping would eliminate the need for so many cables with the use of the USB. First order arrived super quick. I set it up and it wouldn't work through USB output from pc only no input signal. So I played around between that and the RCA plugs and it worked then didn't then changed to the USB working and not the RCA then nothing worked and the mixer was getting seriously hot at the power input and under the RCA plugs where the power input is. I sent it back and got another one sent out. It only took 2 days from sending back to delivery of the new one. I plugged it in and it worked fine but again it would not send signal back to the pc through the USB. I plugged in with the RCA's and it was working fine. Since it is set up in my pc and sound system it has to be plugged in and not unplugged and replugged every time I use it. Same as the old Xenyx 802. Second day of use i looked at it and the clip lights on channel one and 2 were blinking on and off with the vol on both down. Then the master volume channel light were flicking up to clip and back down super fast and I listened and it was all static no musical sound at all. I qouickly unplugged and looked at it trying to figure out what was wrong. Everything seemed fine so I unplugged everything and just plugged in the RCA in and RCA out then the power. It was fine for a couple of minutes then did the same. Clip lights were on and off then the master mix lights started going crazy so I unplugged it since there is no on off button. Sent it back nd asked for a refund. Two of the usb Xenyx 1002usb in a row were faulty. They dont get a 3rd chance. I will try the 1002fx next as it is still analog and not digital.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink