Reviewed in Australia on 17 March 2020
5 Stars!
An amazingly juicy read! First off, I wasn’t expecting to see an old character from her Boston Underworld series in this book and the second the little 💡 flicked on in my head with the realisation of who it was, I tell ya I was even more anxious to see how this story would unravel!
It’s a very well-paced storyline (if anything, I think it went by too quickly). There was so much suspense and build-up I couldn't put it down until I finished it.
Both Katerina and Levka came onto the scene quite mysteriously. So, naturally I was curious to see who they were.
Mine had all the right elements in it that not only made it one addictive mafia romance read, but also the type of book that’ll have you wanting to read over and over again. It was effortless, pure and simple. Lev and Kat’s world will pull you in immediately. There was enough details revealed to lure you in and keep you engaged, but not enough that you can predict what would happen next.
It ticked all the boxes for me -- A diverse range of characters, plot twists, world-building, chemistry, leaves you hanging with questions, leaves you emotionally wrecked, and is a strong candidate for book hangover status!
Escapism at its best! Definitely for readers 18+ only. It contains profanity, violence, verbal, physical and sexual abuse. It may trigger some readers.

I was gifted a copy by the authors in exchange for my honest review.
Reviewed by Rina | (booksofthemuggleborn)
0Comment Report abuse Permalink