8 March 2017
I'm not sure where to start with this review, first and foremost I absolutely adored the story. I always find it a bit scary starting a spin off series, especially when I so loved the original series. I loved every single book in the Beyond Series and I had this fear that I just wasn't going to have the same feeling with this book. I was so wrong, I just loved it!

It's so hard to write a spoiler free review when all I want to do is gush about everything that happened! I already felt that I knew who Kora was and what she was about and the book didn't disappoint. It's very hard to find a pure character in a series like this, Kora is exactly that, pure spirited, kind and selfless. She's seen such terrible things in her past and yet it doesn't effect who she is. She's adored by those around her and it's very much deserved.

Ashwin was a character I was never very sure of, I didn't know if I wanted his story quite yet or not. I thought I really wouldn't like him, how wrong was I! He's at the very top of the predator chain, feared by all those that know of him. This book really showed that actually we knew very little of who the real man was. His entire focus has been on keeping Kora safe regardless of who he had to step through or over to achieve it and I think the most interesting part of this book was to see how his mindset changed through the influence of those around him.

The love and devotion shared between these two was really magical to experience.

I loved the little flash we got of Sector Four, I desperately wanted that scene to be so much longer!

The Riders are going to be fantastic characters to read, all so different and I'm really looking forward to the future books. I think if I had to pick a favourite so far to want to read next I'd be hard pushed to make a decision.

The writing is superb as we would expect from these two, considering how much we already know about this world this story was so fresh and new.

I think it was the perfect introduction to Gideon's Riders.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink