TOP 1000 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 14 November 2015
I was really looking forward to reading this book. I’ve heard good things about the author. But I was a little disappointed with how the book was. I enjoyed the story and loved the mythology that came with it. Although, I would have enjoyed it a little more if it were more consistent.

Khara was a very detached character to the point of no personality at all. I would have enjoyed it a little more if the author would have stuck to a personality and thrived with it. I would have given the book more stars if the world development were a bit more extensive and believable. I find that a lot of good fantasy novels all have a really solid world that’s been created. I would have liked to know more about the world created.

I loved the brothers that Khara had. I loved each and every one of their characters and would definitely like to know more about them. But what intrigued me was Khara’s twin, Sean who doesn’t come out until the very end of the novel. The other character that intrigued me was Oz, the fallen angel who’s a man whore and does what he wants.

I found that the author wanted Khara to have the best of both worlds. She was innocent about the world above cause she grew up in the underworld but also alluded to that she can be a sex kitty when she wants to be due to her time in the underworld. It just didn’t really work for me, I would have liked for it to be one or the other. Cause having both just didn’t work out for me at all.

Although, I enjoyed the book enough that I would be interested in reading the next book in the series. Mainly, I loved the brothers so much that I would love to read about them some more and also Oz’s story in all of this.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink