TOP 500 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 6 April 2019
After just finishing Zach, I was quick to pick up Maverick's story and I really enjoyed it. I will admit that the "undercover agent" angle is not one I usually tend to like as I get bored with the lies and quick forgiveness that is usually how they play out, but with this author she has a way of weaving a story that pulls you in and makes you feel like you know these characters!
Maverick was the gorgeous, flirty teaser we saw in book one and I loved everything about him, this story overlaps the end of Zach time-line wise, so we get a little more detail on his capture/torture and it is how we meet Stephanie. I also usually don't like the "retelling" of parts of the story from previous books, but again this author has a really captivating way of getting the info out there so it didn't bore me or feel too repetitive.
Maverick had a really sad upbringing and my heart broke with how he and Zach met. Stephanie was a very black and white world girl(no room for grey) and it was great to see her grow and develop. She certainly got screwed over by her job that's for sure. Man for such a tiny thing she was so strong and I loved Mav's nickname for her!
I really loved their relationship they had amazing chemistry that lead to some great smokin' hot scenes, I did feel the end was a little rushed for me but the epilogue was great! Can't wait for Copper's book!
Overall a fantastic addition to the series and I look forward to the next one.
Report abuse Permalink