Reviewed in Australia on 17 June 2016
Just from reading the opening chapter, I got captivated like never before. Reading it further captivated me even more and the end of the book proved that it is an amazing story. A story in a story, A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian captured the depth of characterization that produced an amazing octogenarian in love with a woman in her prime, a born survivor who is determined to make use of any advantage to secure a better future for her son; and the pragmatism of two conflicting sisters who are determined to 'rescue' their father. Enlightening, hilarious, gracious, gave and tender in turns, this fascinating story gives us an insightful view of the lives of those trying to make a new life as refugees or exiles.

I would recommend this book to any lover of good literary works. There are many lessons to learn from this book. Explored in a similar manner in The Lincoln Lawyer , Disciples of Fortune, it is a fascinating angle. I enjoyed reading this book, so if you are undecided, my advice is that you should pick it up and do some reading that you will remember afterwards as a worthwhile story.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink