2 July 2019
I've been looking to buy in ear Bluetooth earphones for some time. Previously I've used the following Bluetooth earphones/headphones

Sony MDR-AS700BT - Behind the neck headphones
Plantronics Explorer 500 Mobile Bluetooth Headset (single ear)

I'm no audiophile. My needs were purely in ear earphones that are not expensive, uncomfortable, quality (build and audio), footprint and have good battery life.

Pricing is always an issue as you see some brands well over $200. I've always thought if they are worth it or not. That much for a product that can be easily lost, broken, eventually stop working due to battery life, etc, etc. On the other end of the scale, if you go cheap, you get what you pay for. There are so many cheap alternatives. I cam across SoundPeats on a bargain website where they were mentioned as great bang for buck. At just under $50 Australian, I decided to give this new model a try.

In terms of comfort, I can't really fault these. They sit in comfortably and hold well.

Build quality is top notch, which I was not expecting. Both the earphones themselves and the charging capsule. Again, nothing to fault.

Audio quality wise, I used these on a Sony Xperia XZ2, Samsung Galaxy S10e, Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact and a Sony PS Vita (First model). The quality of the audio overall is great. Good enough bass and treble across all devices. Volume is always an issue with phones. I notice the volume doesn't go as loud as it would on wired headsets. But this seems to be an issue with phones themselves. Using these on My Sony PS Vita, the volume on high was quite loud. I had to turn it down a notch. But even on the phones, it's enough for MP3's, YouTube and Netflix.

While I never bought these for calls, they work as you would expect with most bluetooth headsets. They do the job, but the quality is not as good as use the phone itself with no headset. This is the same case for the Plantronics headset I have.

I was surprised at the size of the charging case/dock. Easily fits in my pants pockets, even with my phone in the same pocket.

Battery life, my biggest gripe with non wired earphones/headphones. Always have to remember to charge and the worry that you run out of battery at an inconvenient time. I can't really give you a full assessment of the battery life, but what can I say, i'm surprised how well they hold. Seeing that the case is small and have no issues carrying it with me, I have no issue with battery life. With he case, I've gone 3 days with regular use and have not worried about battery life. Again, I don't really have a full assessment, but you won't always have to be worried about battery life with these.

At the price I paid for these, you literally cannot fault these. They would easily compare well against models that go for well over $200.
review image