TOP 1000 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 14 November 2017
Before I start you need to know I am a massive fan of Colleen Hoover and I'm pretty sure I would buy a copy of her shopping list written on toilet paper if she wrote it. That said, I'm a huge fan because she is so brilliant!

This book, once again, had real characters who talk how we talk, characters that we fall in love with, a story line that's different to anything else I've read.

I will say that I felt like there were parts that felt lke it was trying to teach, that the messages in between the pages were a little loud, like when you're watching a movie on television and you have to turn up the volume because the characters are talking softly, but then an advertisement comes on and blasts your ear drums. Or maybe that was just me, seeing subliminal messages with neon signs pointed to them.

I loved the premise of the story, especially the storyline around perceptions, how we perceive ourselves can distort how we see others and situations. I could relate to that on a very high level and I think its what made me fall in love with Merit, even if I didn't like her very much.

I realise that statement doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I did find it hard to find redeemable qualities about Merit, but thats the testament of true writing though right? When an author can get you to like someone even when you don't like that characters actions? It's also the ability to set the strings and then pull them together to tie them into a beautiful bow.

Like all CoHo books, her side characters are just as important as the main, and little bits of humour have you laughing in between the more serious parts, they're not lost or weird, they're appreciated.

I would have to say this story semed more complex than maybe prevoius books, or maybe that's just my perception and I wanted to make it that way. Either way I loved the book and anyone else who loves excellent writing with characters you will fall in love with, then this book is definitely for you!
0Comment Report abuse Permalink