21 June 2018
As an avid reader and lover of books, I had never thought of purchasing an e-reader. Another friend, who was in the same boat, became a convert so I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did. Yes there will always be a place for real books and I still buy real books (and listen to audio books as well)...but the Kindle, oh how I love it! It's reignited the spark of reading again. The screen is non glare, which means no strain on the eyes... It looks like a real page. There's a backlight with this version if you are reading at night, which is useful but find I don't need it if I have my bedside lamp on. What I have really found useful is the ability to highlight text/passages. I read a lot of non-fiction books and sometimes need to reference material to return back to. With the Kindle, I simply highlight the text and log in to my account to see all the passages I've highlighted from that book.
The size too is perfect, able to hold it with one hand, travelling without lugging a library around is really appealing to me. Have I mentioned how much I love it?
3 people found this helpful