TOP 1000 REVIEWER
28 February 2019
“We don’t mean to hurt each other but we do.
And perhaps no matter how right we are for each other,
we’ll always be a little too wrong.”
-Beau Taplin

Kandi Steiner is most definitely a one click author for me and any time I pick up one of her stories I can always guarantee one wild ride that I never want to vacate. She always has the ability to draw me in from the very first word with her intricate and though provoking prose, the characters she creates and the multitude of emotions that she always evokes. I have been waiting for What He Never Knew ever since finishing What He Doesn’t Know duet and I thank Kandi for finally bringing Reese’s story to life and for making it everything I had hoped it would be and more.

If you’ve read Kandi Steiner’s What He Doesn’t Know duet then you would be all too familiar with Reese and personally I was a bit on the fence about Reese during the duet. One minute I wanted him to end up with Charlie and live happily ever after and then the next minute I didn’t, I suffered a serious case of whiplash during those books and couldn’t decipher who I felt deserved the girl. So when I found out Reese was getting his story to tell I could not wait to jump back on the Reese bandwagon.

“It didn’t matter if it was wrong, if he was older, if I was his student.
I wanted him.
And the way he touched me, I knew he wanted me, too.”

Everything Reese has had to endure positively broke my heart and I felt for him deeply; he’s lost everything that has ever meant anything to him and now he’s alone and left to pick up the shattered pieces of his heart. The only thing he has left is his piano and the monumental talent he acquires.

Sarah too has suffered immense pain and heartache which has resulted in her making some life altering decisions. Gone is the fun-loving free spirit, because now she is purely the shell of the person she once was. She has moved to Pennsylvania to live with her Aunt and Uncle and this is where she meets the piano maestro himself, Reese.

Despite their age gap, there is such a profound connection between Reese and Sarah; they both know what real life shattering pain is to endure, where the only thing that matters in this life is to escape through the ease and grace of the piano. They both have their own scars to bear but their journey of coming together and learning to trust one another was nothing short of inspiring. Through their trust of each other, these two broken and tortured souls may finally being the act of healing.

What He Never Knew was an emotionally driven story that was so beautifully written and I just drank in every word from start to finish. Kandi Steiner’s writing is always so flawless and poetic and I feel every emotion possible. This story really was a heartbreaking tale to tell, but sometimes you have to suffer through the pain before you can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I would highly recommend this story to everyone.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink