Reviewed in Australia on 12 December 2016
I don't care what anyone says, Jennie Jones was born to write small town romance. The way she captures the eccentricities of townsfolk and pulls the reader into a county town setting is pure gold. A Place to Stay is the first in this new series and even though I'm a HUGE Swallows' Falls fan (her previous series), I think this Rangelands Series holds even more promise. There was a depth to this story, whether it was the police angle or the domestic abuse angle, I'm not sure but I definitely connected with on a stronger level than previous Jennie Jones books. This isn't to say that A Place to Stay was lacking any of the lighthearted banter and good old Aussie humour, warmth and wisdom that has become synonymous with Jennie Jones. And I was especially pleased to see the naughty bits were as hot as ever. If any hotblooded woman reading this story doesn't flip to the front cover to take another good long look at Luke and fantasise just a little at least three times during the story, you need to visit your doctor and make sure you still have a pulse. Bring on book two!
2 people found this helpful