TOP 500 REVIEWER
Reviewed in Australia on 21 November 2018
The whole book is told in Dean’s POV. He is quiet humorous and charismatic. Dean is generally a nice guy he is confident with his charms and good looks but his arrogant outlook towards woman (that are not his friend) is a complete turn off, and If I was his friend that would deter me from ever perusing anything past friendship with him.

Cori is sweet and kind, the perfect friend to Dean, but I was disappointed with her reaction in certain situations, I wanted her to have more of a voice, find confidence to speak her mind truthfully without pause or conflict.

I found it hard to connect with Cori, as most of the book was Dean’s inner monologue, it would have been better in Dual POV to give us more insight into Cori’s struggles with the friendship zone.
Although Dean never intended to hurt Cori and that was clear but my God he was so stupid! surely men are not that clueless? Really? I just found it too unconvincing and unbelievable that Dean did not know his best friend of twenty years was in love with him.

This is the first book I had read from Mika Jolie, it was cute and entertaining but too predictable and didn’t have enough depth or originality to go above the 3-star mark for me unfortunately.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink