Reviewed in Australia on 30 September 2017
Hot Stuff pulls on those heartstrings in the best way. So get ready for this sweet surprise with a whole lot of sexy and a little drama. Lucas and Gillian’s story is a whirlwind romance which turns into something so much more than either of them ever expected. And did I mention Lucas is the starting quarterback for an NFL team? Really, who doesn’t love reading about a hot, cocky jock who gets knocked on his ass by a love he can’t deny?

Their instant attraction at training camp leads into a romance of convenience with an expiration date. The kicker though? Lucas And Gillian’s relationship has to remain a secret. He’s the star quarterback, she’s the coach’s daughter. It literally screams disaster but these two dive in deep and fast.

Even with the flaws of continuous unnecessary reminders of how it all would end soon, how they couldn’t keep seeing each other, how they needed to keep feelings out of it. I still found myself swooning and smiling as I flipped those pages like nobody’s business. I soaked up every word, thoroughly loving the humour, the football lingo, the training camp antics and everything about Lucas Carrington, Thor, (how could I forget Thor) and of course our leading lady, Gillian Whitney. Miss Karr had me invested in so many characters in this book that I’m now keen AF for more stories from the Chicago Bears players.

Hot Stuff was light and humorous but not lacking emotion or depth. It was steamy with a lot of sexy times so be prepared for the heat. Overall, I finished the story with a smile on my face and warmth in my heart. Solid 4 star read.
Report abuse Permalink