23 January 2016
I received this for an honest review. I have read all three books of Breaking the Declan Brothers and each book has been amazing. Kelly Gendron is one amazing author. I have books that I refer to as shelf worthy, which means not only do I have them on my e-reader but they are so good I have a copy on my shelf at home. This is one series I call shelf worthy. This is the third book in the series but do not worry it can be read as a standalone.

Zeke Declan had 4 rules: (1) Don’t Call him. He’ll call you. (2) He doesn’t date. (3) No Sleepovers. And (4) Absolutely no virgins. You have to look at Zeke to wonder what caused him to have these rules. With each of the Declan brothers you discover there is some kind of scar there that they need to right woman to heal.

Things from Zeke’s past broke my heart. Sorry you will have to read the book to find out. Might want a box of tissue though. I cannot imagine leaving with that much pain, hurt, and guilt for so long. He defiantly needs to have someone to talk to. When you keep something like this in for so long it eats at you until there is nothing left.

I love Rayna and Emmie have talked Lurlene in to going after Zeke. Lurlene is perfect for she can not only get him to break rules 1-3 but is also the perfect one to break rule 4. Yip that is right Lurlene is a virgin. I so enjoyed reading about how she worked on breaking down all of Zeke’s walls. Does not mean that Zeke didn’t fight her along the way. There was so much hot sexual tension between the two of them.

I loved Rusty in this series. She did not mind telling it like it was. I think she is one of the reasons that Lurlene kept pursuing after Zeke. Rusty thought a lot of the Declan brothers and wanted what was best for them. In a way I think they were like family to her.

Lurlene knew what men like Zeke were like. She did have brothers that were just like him. In a way I think that helped give her some perspective on how to deal with him. I not certain Zeke knew what hit him.

Once again I would like to state how much I enjoyed this book, though throughout the book I had to wonder what it would be like to “Ride the Lighting.”..LOL
0Comment Report abuse Permalink