24 November 2014
There were many things in this book that I really did not like. Petty things such as the name/nickname (Constance/Pixie) such a formal name & then to counteract it with something so childish I found annoying. Constance was completely rude to the Hero Jack when he assisted her with her man of affairs Mr Medley. Then there was Jack's name, as far as I am concerned his looks did not not suit the name, fair hair pale complexion. To me a Jack would be tall & dark. I never could really fit the Scalings in to society either, Mr & Mrs Scaling & their daughter Miss Scaling. Obviously untitled & Miss Scaling thought she could secure a Marquess? Unless calling them Mr & Mrs was a mistake?

My favourite parts in the novel were the scenes involving Virginia & Bernard Hallum. There interactions were electrifying & easily stole the show. In saying that I did like the 2 romances intertwining. My other favourite part was the descriptions of the dresses.

The scene where Jack entered Constance's room after she had been reading the naughty book could have been so much more & I wish it was. It was disappointing that nothing came of it.

Would I read this book again? Probably not, but I did enjoy parts enough that I will keep it in my collection. Will I read the next in line? Yes, I am intrigued by Daventry with his rakish & humorous ways...

Its a shame the author can't re write parts of this novel...
0Comment Report abuse Permalink