You don't need to own a Kindle device to enjoy Kindle books. Download one of our FREE Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on all your devices.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
facebookworm: dispatches from a social networking junkie Kindle Edition
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
During Facebook's early days, membership was limited to students, so a new Facebooker's initial impressions of social networking would have included discussions of keggers and panty raids. But after opening up to the general public in late 2006, the site finally began to reach critical mass. These days, most folks can easily reconnect with old friends, former colleagues and onetime classmates. The artificial barriers between celebrities and normal people are often lowered too, thanks to Facebook's granular privacy controls. In Alan C. Baird's latest book, "facebookworm: dispatches from a social networking junkie," he distills the essence of an egalitarian world currently evolving in cyberspace, using techniques ranging from wry humor to flash verité. [Keywords: creative nonfiction, web, internet, virtual communities.] Videos, samples + more: www.9TimeZones.com/fbworm.htm
There are no customer reviews yet.
Look for similar items by category
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Authors
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computers & Technology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humour & Entertainment > Humour > Essays
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humour & Entertainment > Movies & Video > Screenwriting
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Travel > Europe