My Pod allows you to play all the popular podcasts, upload your own MP3’s, create your own custom playlists of podcasts, audio and video links, audio / text RSS feeds, internet radio, audio books and much more!
Go to https://www.mypodapp.com to get started.
Just some of the great features:
- Just ask for any popular podcast and My Pod will begin playing it for you.
- Add your favourite podcasts to a playlist and My Pod will remember and resume where you left the next time you play.
- Link to any normal web site and get Alexa to read the main content to you for example news or sites which don’t provide an RSS / Atom feed.
- Protected links in the case of subscription podcast links are supported.
- Play audio and video files and folders shared on Amazon Drive, Dropbox, Onedrive and Google Drive (Please note: Right-click on Google Drive file and click 'Get shareable link' to paste in to My Pod).
- Upload your MP3’s directly to My Pod for instant playback.
It’s really easy to get started:
1. Enable the skill and link your Amazon account by signing in via the Alexa app.
2. Either ask My Pod to play a podcast you know (all the popular ones are included) or go to https://www.mypodapp.com and create a playlist. Then add some podcast links, audio or video streams or just upload your MP3’s straight to the website!
If you are having any problems or have a suggestion, please don’t just leave a bad review.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help to get it fixed for you and everybody else!
Some of the things you can ask My Pod:
- Alexa, ask my pod to play <a podcast name>.
- Alexa, ask my pod to play my <playlist name> playlist.
- Alexa, ask my pod to play <link name>.
- Alexa, ask my pod for the next link.
- Alexa, ask my pod to play the next playlist.
- Alexa, ask my pod for the previous link.
- Alexa, ask my pod to play the previous playlist.
- Alexa, ask my pod to play my <playlist name> playlist from the beginning.
- Alexa, ask my pod to skip forward 10 minutes.
- Alexa, ask my pod to go back 30 seconds.
As well as the usual audio player commands:
Play, Pause, Stop, Start Over.
My Pod will remember your place with each link, useful for longer audio such as podcasts and audio books.
A full list of voice commands can be found here:
More help and frequently asked questions and help can be found on our website:
Go to: https://www.mypodapp.com to get started!