Pregnant and looking to optimize your experience? Wondering what you can do to improve your outcomes during birth and recovery? Longing for more than 2 to 3 sentences on pelvic floor exercises? There’s a full chapter! Find out what this pelvic floor physical therapist wants you to know to have your best pregnancy ever. Are you hoping to get practical, easy-to-implement ideas that make you feel empowered about yourself during this time?
If you answered YES to these questions, then you would benefit from this book.
Whether this is your first pregnancy or your fifth, this pregnancy book aims to empower you with healthy habits from a pelvic floor physical therapy standpoint.
Sure, there are already pregnancy books out there that are filled with every possible detail you may want to know, but not everyone has time for that. Oftentimes those thick books get put off. This book is different from the others.
This pregnancy book is a quick, easy read for my pregnant mamas out there wanting to start developing some healthy habits right now. You’ll find plenty of options and variations for you to make these habits your own. This book was written to give you insight into what people mean when they say just listen to your body. It’s meant to give you a way to listen to that voice and know how to modify or ask for help.
Your body was meant to do this! The tips provided in this book will allow you to embrace this time and connect with your body in a healthy and inspiring way.
This book is essential for all women who are thinking about getting pregnant and those who are currently pregnant at any stage. Although titled and specific to pregnancy, this book can be helpful for those who had their babies long ago or women who don’t plan to be pregnant because most of these healthy habits are beneficial for everyone.
Pelvic floor physical therapist, Jen Torborg, PT, DPT shares pregnancy tips based on research and insights from clinical experience. You can apply these easy-to-follow habits to have your best pregnancy, birth, and recovery.
In this book, you will learn about
- Breathing: how embracing your breath can affect your body and mind including your breathing during labor and birth
- Pelvic floor exercises: how knowing your pelvic floor can improve your health
- Common vs. normal: Know the difference between what is common - a lot of people pee their pants during pregnancy and after childbirth, but leakage of urine is never normal. Treatment is out there if things get out of whack!
- Exercise: how to move in ways that feel good to you and improve your outcomes now and during recovery
- Sleep: easy-to-adopt strategies to improve and prioritize your sleep
- Nutrients: how to nourish your body and your baby with quality food and drink
- Posture and alignment: how to adjust your posture for your best pregnancy experience
- Self-care: why it’s important to make self-care an approach and a philosophy vs. another item on your checklist
- Preparing for birth and recovery: perineal massage and stretching, labor and birthing positions including how to breathe, what to expect and do postpartum – why the 6 week check-up isn’t a magic number
This book also includes a FREE Best Pregnancy Checklist so you can apply the healthy habits described in this book and monitor your progress.