- Paperback: 464 pages
- Publisher: *Norton agency titles; 6th edition (1 October 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 168268427X
- ISBN-13: 978-1682684276
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2.5 x 22.9 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 630 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,719 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Wonder Weeks: A Stress-Free Guide to Your Baby`s Behavior Paperback – 1 Oct 2019
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- <br \><br \> This is a very practical and entertaining window into the baby's first year and a half. van de Rijt and Plooij have observed and found the vulnerable times in an infant's development that I independently came to in my book Touchpoints (Perseus). The authors' observations and practical suggestions are wonderful.
- T. Berry Brazelton, MD, professor emeritus, Harvard Medical School<br \><br \> The Wonder Weeks is the newly-updated go-to guide for understanding your child s mental developmental milestones (referred to as leaps )....Understanding the real reason behind crying and eating and sleeping problems is the only real solution parents need, and take it from us you ll be glad to be in the know.
- Pregnancy & Newborn<br \><br \> One of our personal favorites...[a] comprehensive guide to baby s development during the first 20 months...
- The Bump<br \><br \> Reading The Wonder Weeks saved my sanity more than once during the times my baby got inexplicably fussy or refused to sleep. It's a must read for any new mom.
- Popsugar.family<br \><br \> Armed with the insight of [The Wonder Weeks] I would have been more confident as a new parent... rather than anxious, about how my baby was experiencing the world
- Rookie Moms<br \><br \> Fantastic tips on how to help baby reach his potential during and after [the wonder weeks].
- The Cradle Coach --Catherine Snow, PhD, Shattuck Professor of Education, Harvard Graduate School of Education
Once I realized there was a reason and a positive reason, at that that my kid had suddenly turned terrible, it eased the pain of parenting through these times.
The book outlines when and why each wonder week happens; it also offers parents insights into how to help their babies navigate each wonder week, and turn it into a leap forward for baby.
--- The Baby Sleep Site
About the Author
Xaviera Plas-Plooij, mother of three and CEO of the Wonder Weeks, has one mission: to give parents the tools they need in order to fully understand their baby s mental and emotional development. Daughter of Dr. Frans X. Plooij and Dr. Hetty van de Rijt, founding authors of The Wonder Weeks, Plas-Plooij has significantly revised and modernized the sixth edition of the book. As a writer, columnist, and popular speaker, she s in 24/7 contact with parents around the globe. Plas-Plooij is a trusted member of the Lumi by Pampers Expert Advisory Panel. She lives with her husband and children in the Netherlands.
Frans X. Plooij, PhD, has been conducting research in the field of psychology for close to 50 years. Highlights include working alongside his wife, Dr. van de Rijt, with Dr. Jane Goodall on infant development in free-living chimpanzees in the Gombe National Park; leading the department of Research and Development at the institute for Child Studies of the City of Amsterdam; and currently presiding over the International Research Institute on Infant Studies (IRIS) at Arnhem, the Netherlands. He is a full member of several international scientific societies in the domains of child development and behavioral biology and of the New York Academy of Sciences.
The late Hetty van de Rijt received her PhD at Cambridge University as a physical anthropologist. With her husband, Dr. Plooij, she studied infant development in free-living chimpanzees with Dr. Jane Goodall in the Gombe National Park. As a researcher at the University of Amsterdam, she studied the development of human babies in their home environment through direct observations, filming, and in-depth interviews with their parents.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|