I have found this to be one of those books you to which you become attached. There is nothing spectacular, no guns, high adventure or profound sex, just a story about a woman who discovers who her mother was and why she committed suicide, and yet it holds you.
Northwestern Scotland with its wild coast and Atlantic seas, the landscapes and the people are easy to go along with as slowly the story and the mystery unfolds.
I enjoyed it very much, and would recommend it for a quiet pleasant read in bed or over a solitary meal.
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Michael Joseph; 1 edition (3 January 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781405923583
- ISBN-13: 978-1405923583
- ASIN: 140592358X
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 2.3 x 19.7 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 358 g
- Customer Reviews: 229 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 130,958 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)