What a read! The Witch of Gray's Point had me reading every spare moment, and I only ever put it down rather begrudgingly. We have new characters (I am SO in love with Gabe!), as well as some old favorites (I'm looking at you, Miriam). This falls somewhat into the horror genre, but not the "I'm afraid to go to sleep because I'll have nightmares" horror. It's reads more like action-adventure with a supernatural twist.
Here's what I love about this author:
1) Pace. It keeps moving at a good clip, without sacrificing...(see #2)
2) Character development. These characters are really...human. They have so many facets and such depth! Real people aren't all good or bad, and neither are these characters.
3) Humor! And not just humor, but intelligent humor. This is the kind of stuff that makes me smile knowingly, plus the one-liners that have me laughing out loud.
4) Thorough descriptions that set the scene, but don't get overly verbose. Because I want to know what to picture in my mind's eye, but I don't need to know what every blade of grass is doing. Also, you will find descriptions of more than just the visual--because we have more than just one sense. It makes for a more immersive experience.
5) Strong female AND male characters in real romantic and platonic relationships. This is NOT the cheesy forbidden love with all the heaving bosoms that you so often see in modern supernatural books.
And the twist at the end just killed me! These books just keep getting better. So excited for the next one!
- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 3626 KB
- Print Length: 233 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Evolved Publishing LLC; 1 edition (2 December 2019)
- Sold by: Amazon Australia Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07ZVMWBVK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Customer Reviews: 4 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #938,927 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)