Some elements are dated: Gary Hart seems less admirable, the absence of Jesse Jackson is less defendable or explicable (no Jackson, no Obama?), the evils of the media seem less unique and outrageous.
But this remains a phenomenal piece of writing about top flight politicians, their lives and their motives. Very long, but very rewarding and rich in detail. Like Hunter S Thompson's classic account but without the clearly made up bits. And with real background research.
- Paperback: 1072 pages
- Publisher: Vintage; Reprint edition (1 June 1993)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0679746498
- ISBN-13: 978-0679746492
- Product Dimensions: 13.1 x 4.4 x 20.2 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 748 g
- Customer Reviews: 150 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 200,607 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)