Not the only book, of course, but I was 14 when this was published. It spoke to me and the "me" I wanted to become. Since then I've read it repeatedly to see how I'm doing. I've also photocopied it as gifts to friends for years. How nice that this book is finally republished.
History has proven Claire McCardell was a fashion pioneer whose styles are both timeless and fresh. Her "fashion philosophy" was based on the belief that your life style and personal style should influence your wardrobe-- lessons still worth learning and remembering.
Yes, you will need to disregard bits of advice about wearing gloves, etc., but the rest is spot-on and fun to read. It's a ***** recommendation both if you love fashion and are looking for great personal advice.
- Hardcover: 160 pages
- Publisher: Overlook; 1 edition (1 April 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1585679704
- ISBN-13: 978-1585679706
- Product Dimensions: 16.1 x 1.8 x 23.6 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 440 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 80,430 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)