Autobiographies of musicians are usually of limited interest to those who are fans of the musician or band. I will confess this much and so probably went into this book with a general positive view.
Reading through this I found it presented a more unorthodox take on the rock star. It starts from his days as a English school boy reminiscent of Tom Brown's school days, goes into London student life of the 1970's and tracks progress through his involvement with Maiden and his solo career onto his second career as a commercial airline pilot.
It did strike me as a little sanitized. It touched on some aspects of drugs and booze and only marginally mentioned any relationships. It was very open about his experiences with cancer which was quite courageous and at times told with some 'gallows humour'.
Generally an enjoyable and interesting read.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 11 hours and 6 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers Limited
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 19 October 2017
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B0751K2FR1
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 10,192 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)