If you are starting out in the working world and lost for direction then this book has some useful exercises. This book was first written in 1970 for a US audience and has been revised numerous times since. It covers a range of topics such as job seeking strategies, how to evaluate your skills and translate those to relevant professions. It also has information on how to manage your mental health during the job seeking process.
I found the book a chore to wade through. I felt ridiculous doing the exercises too but understand others will enjoy that component. I was also surprised by the religious references towards the end.
Although it gave me some insights, I wouldn't recommend this book based on the price I paid for it.
- Hardcover: 368 pages
- Publisher: TEN SPEED PRESS; Revised ed. edition (15 August 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0399581693
- ISBN-13: 978-0399581694
- Product Dimensions: 15.7 x 3.2 x 23.5 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 590 g
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 82,510 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)