When the pirate falls for the tavern wench...
Simon and Emily's story is a slow burn hate-to-love story, where their bickering and sniping is really a whole lotta foreplay.
Emily is kind of at a loss with where to go in her life. Simon is trying to live a life that isn't his, isn't what he really wanted.
And I liked that a Renaissaince Faire into the story - Simon as a pirate had me imagining him as Hook from the TV show Once Upon A Time (and what a lovely vision that is!)
I liked the small town vibe, where as annoying as it is when everyone knows your business (I live in a small town, I get it) I love the sense of community.
Simon and Emily felt real. Their relationship felt real, their issues felt real and it all together felt relatable.
I look forward to reading more by Jen DeLuca in the future.
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Jove; 1 edition (3 September 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 198480538X
- ISBN-13: 978-1984805386
- Product Dimensions: 13.8 x 2.1 x 20.8 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 281 g
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 27,665 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)