I really wanted to love this book as I loved Carry On, but that wasn’t to be. The entire book felt rushed, disjointed and a little childish. Honestly, I’ve read better Carry On fanfiction.
The story didn’t follow on logically from the end of Carry On. The trio took off for America far too soon for their reason to be credible and then every supernatural encounter felt forced. And don’t even get me started on the cosplay rubbish.
Apart from Agatha, the characters didn’t grow or change in any way and the entire book seems like nothing more that an excuse to take the trio to America. Not one of the many loose ends from Carry On were addressed, which is a pity - tying up even just one would have provided some depth to this story.
- Hardcover: 356 pages
- Publisher: Wednesday Books (24 September 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1250146070
- ISBN-13: 978-1250146076
- Product Dimensions: 14.5 x 3.4 x 22.1 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 426 g
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 39,504 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)