Mary Buffett was Warren's daughter-in-law for a period of time. She definitely takes advantage of the last name, but this book is great nonetheless. It is an excellent primer for understanding financial statements. It is separated into three primary sections covering balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow. Each section is broken up into numerous short chapters describing each line item. She ties in Buffett's strategy by giving examples of companies he has invested in and showing the financial numbers used to justify the investments.
This is a quick read but very informative. Highly recommend for anyone interested in understanding the language of finance and some of the insights into Buffett's general investment strategy.
- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster UK; UK ed. edition (7 March 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781849833196
- ISBN-13: 978-1849833196
- ASIN: 1849833192
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 1.5 x 19.8 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 159 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 9,397 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)